That’s right folks, we’re jumping right into the new year in competitive spirit. Due to last years ‘Lockdown’ League boulder competition being a huge success, we’re doing it all over again…but new and improved! (I.e. no lockdowns, hopefully)!
The Winter Bouldering League will have 3 rounds; two month-long rounds in the same format as our previous ‘Lockdown League’ and a final round with a twist – you’ll have exactly one evening to score as many points as you can!
The competition is self-scored in a redpoint format: scoring 10 points for a TOP, with an additional 3 points if you did it on your first try (FLASH). This means no matter how many times it takes for you to top a route, as long as you cleanly finish the route, you get 10 points!
In each round, there will be 35 blocs to try on the Boulder Comp Wall – that’s a maximum of 455 points up for grabs for each round!
This competition is open to all climbers, whether you’re a seasoned vet or brand new to the sport, there’ll be plenty for you to climb and top.
The important bits:
- Month Long: Running from the 7th January to the 2nd February
- Scorecards MUST be handed in by 22:00 on the 2nd February – no exceptions!
- Month Long: Running from the 4th February to the 2nd March
- Scorecards MUST be handed in by 22:00 on the 2nd March – no exceptions!
Round 3 – The Finale:
- ONE NIGHT ONLY: From the moment the Comp Wall opens on the 4th March until scorecards are handed in at 21:00.
- Prize Giving will be held at 21:30 for all of the prizes drawn throughout the League. (See below for more details)
- Raffle draw!
Now for the exciting part! We have a ton of prizes available to win:
The Male and Female winner from each round, as well as the overall winners of the League will win some fantastic prizes from our sponsors (to be announced).
We will also be drawing raffle prizes for each round of the League, and we might have some surprizes in store too. All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is to hand in a completed scorecard on time for each round!
Results will be uploaded on the website for each round and winners announced as soon as we’ve counted up scores and drawn the raffle – we’ll be updating both our Facebook and Instagram as soon as this happens, so keep an eye out!
Keep up with the latest: