In order to bring Under-18s climbing, you need to be signed off with us as an experienced climber.
(An experienced climber is a person over the age of 18 who we deem competent enough to climb independently and supervise other climbers)
If you think you are an experienced climber (signed off with us at reception), take a look at our supervision rules below to familiarize yourself, and turn up! If you are not yet registered, please follow the instructions on THIS PAGE to sign up as an experienced climber – then simply turn up, and we’ll do the rest here!
- You may only supervise a maximum of 2 novice climbers per day.
- You are fully responsible for, and must remain with, the novice climbers you are supervising at all times.
- You must inform the novice(s) of all relevant risks and help them manage these risks
- You may only supervise within your own level of competence (E.g – if you are a Boulder Only user, you may not supervise roped climbing)
- If using the roped walls, you must back up the dead rope when the novice is belaying.