CLIMBING AT WHITE SPIDER FROM 19th JULY 2021
How you visit White climbing will be changing from Monday 19th July until further notice.
To help offer continued protection, particularly to staff and customers not yet, or not yet fully, vaccinated, Spider Climbing has decided to retain some components of our policies:
Face Masks: Data suggests that wearing a face mask reduces the risk of transmission to others by 80%, and to yourself by 50%. Therefore, from Monday 19th July until further notice, it will remain a Spider policy that all customers and staff must wear face masks in public areas and walkways. Customers will not be required to wear masks while eating in the café, and it will be a matter of personal choice as to whether you would like to wear a mask while climbing, on the mats, in the rubber-floored climbing areas and during coached sessions.
Centre Capacity: While the overall centre capacity will be increased by 10% from Monday 19th July, White Spider has elected to retain a relaxed maximum capacity for the safety and comfort of staff and customers.
Hygiene and Cleaning: White Spider will be retaining our hygiene and cleaning policies. Hand sanitiser stations will remain available across the centre, we will continue with our hourly cleans of high-contact areas, and everyone is encouraged to wash hands regularly while at White Spider.
All Other policies from Monday 19th July Until Further Notice:
- All lockers will be brought back into service, including the key exchange lockers
- Changing rooms and showers will be fully open
- All coaching will return and operate as it did before restrictions
- The room above the boulder cave (in current use for stretching) will revert to the kitting up room for climbing sessions
- The Café will run as it did before restrictions; maintaining more spacing in the seating areas for the time being
- We’ll be keeping screens up at reception, but there will be more tills available.
- There will be a short delay in bringing back the Kids Castle, but we will bring this back into service as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for announcements!
- Contactless will continue to be our preferred method of payment
- The drinking fountain will continue to be for filling bottles only for the time being.
- We will continue with regular testing of our staff and instructors
- We will continue to have separate entry and exit points