CLIMBING AT WHITE SPIDER FROM 19th JULY 2021
How you visit White climbing will be changing from Monday 19th July until further notice.
To help offer continued protection, particularly to staff and customers not yet, or not yet fully, vaccinated, Spider Climbing has decided to retain some components of our policies:
*After careful review of our existing policies and practices, from 30th August the wearing of face coverings at White Spider will be a matter of personal choice*
As part of the legislation released in July to support the easing of Covid restrictions, Climbing Centre’s were made exempt from the need for customers to wear face coverings. We have spent the last 6 weeks reviewing our policies and practices, including the effect that electing to retain our face mask policy, and the wearing of face coverings, has had on the quality of service we have been able to provide our customers.
After careful review of our existing policies and practices, from 30th August the wearing of face coverings at White Spider will be a matter of personal choice for staff, customers, contractors, and any other visitors to the centre. Whilst we have relaxed our policy on this subject, we would ask customers to be sensitive and supporting to the needs of those around you, including those staff and customers who may be vulnerable, and who may themselves continue to wear face coverings as a matter of personal choice.
Centre Capacity: While the overall centre capacity will be increased by 10% from Monday 19th July, White Spider has elected to retain a relaxed maximum capacity for the safety and comfort of staff and customers.
Hygiene and Cleaning: White Spider will be retaining our hygiene and cleaning policies. Hand sanitiser stations will remain available across the centre, we will continue with our hourly cleans of high-contact areas, and everyone is encouraged to wash hands regularly while at White Spider.
All Other policies from Monday 19th July Until Further Notice:
- All lockers will be brought back into service, including the key exchange lockers
- Changing rooms and showers will be fully open
- All coaching will return and operate as it did before restrictions
- The room above the boulder cave (in current use for stretching) will revert to the kitting up room for climbing sessions
- The Café will run as it did before restrictions; maintaining more spacing in the seating areas for the time being
- We’ll be keeping screens up at reception, but there will be more tills available.
- There will be a short delay in bringing back the Kids Castle, but we will bring this back into service as soon as possible. Keep an eye out for announcements!
- Contactless will continue to be our preferred method of payment
- The drinking fountain will continue to be for filling bottles only for the time being.
- We will continue with regular testing of our staff and instructors
- We will continue to have separate entry and exit points