After a short interlude for lockdown 2.0 – The ‘Lockdown’ League is back up and running at Red Spider.
Did you head into lockdown 2.0 with ‘Lockdown’ League problems still to tick? Don’t worry, due to the recent, temporary forced closure this November, Round 1 of The ‘Lockdown’ League at Red Spider will now close on 15th December, giving you 2 weeks after lockdown to get the ticks!
Need to Know Changes:
- Round 1 Scorecard Hand-in Deadline: By 22:00 Tuesday 15th December
- Round 2 Commences: From the Evening of Thursday 17th December (after another massive comp wall re-set for Round 2!)
More about The ‘Lockdown’ League:
The ‘Lockdown’ League at Red Spider is a monthly score-tracking bouldering league that we’ve set-up while we’re unable to host on-the-day competition events. The league competition will be running for a total of 3 month-long rounds; that’s 4 weeks to tick as many blocs as possible from 3 special sets on our competition wall. Round 1 kicked off in mid-September with the current huge set from Yann Genoux, Emma Twyford, Evie Cotrulia and Mat VC, and after a break for lockdown 2.0, will now continue until 10pm 15thDec, ready for another massive set for Round 2 happening 17th December.
With a self-score red-point format, the ‘Lockdown’ League is a friendly competition open to all climbers. Each month there’s great raffle and social share prizes up for grabs, and over the three rounds, there’s top overall prizes for the high-scoring male and female!
How it works:
There will be 3 Rounds over 3 months (give or take national lockdown interruption!) to get as many tops and as many points as you can!
Each round there will be 40 competition blocs and 4 weeks to try them:
- Grab your scorecards from reception (there is no charge to compete!)
- Round 1: Over the next 2 weeks, finish trying out the 40 competition bouldering problems on our comp wall and track your score using the scorecard (please note, to keep Covid-secure we will be unable to hand out pens. Please B.Y.O.P (bring your own pen 😜), or please track your scores on your phone and make sure you fill in the scorecard later!)
- Hand in your scorecard before the Round 1 deadline: before 22:00 on 15th December
- Raffle Winners will be contacted to arrange prize giving and announced on our social media after the 15th December
- Round 2 will run from the evening of the 17th December – 22:00 on 19th January
- Round 3’s dates are from the evening of 21st January – 22:00 on 23rd February
= Overall prizes (3 rounds) =
For the accumulative high-score prizes over all 3 rounds, there’s Tenaya climbing shoes up for grabs for top-scoring male and female!
= Monthly prizes =
From Beta Climbing we’ve got a host of climbing treats up for grabs every Round!
- Each month we’ll be handing out x 2 raffle prizes – hand your scorecards in for your chance to win!
- So that we can do this a little bit together but apart… We’ll also be handing out x 2 social share prizes every round! – Share your sends on Instagram by posting a video of one of the problems you’ve ticked on your scoresheet tagging @redspiderclimbing #WeAreSpiderClimbers for your chance to win!
A massive thank-you to Tenaya and Beta Climbing for sponsoring the prizes!