With the Festive season approaching, it’s time to fill up your Christmas stockings with some goodies! Here are some suggestions of how to treat your climbing buddies. To make it easier we have broken down our suggestions into categories: Inspirational, Practical, Well-being and ”Level up your game!”
Inspirational gift ideas:
- Free Solo – A gift that anyone will appreciate. Climber or not, this documentary and its story is an achievement in human history. Rent it on any streaming platform or buy a dvd, its worth it! With stunning videography and breath-taking climbing moves, witness Alex climbing 3000ft sheer rock without any safety equipment.
- The Dawn Wall – In 2015, American rock climbers Tommy Caldwell and Kevin Jorgeson captivated the world with their effort to climb an “impossible” 1000m rock face in Yosemite. The pair lived on the edge for weeks, igniting a frenzy of global media attention.
- Dirtbag: The Legend of Fred Beckey – Hailed as one of the most prolific and influential climbers of all time, Fred Beckey conquered more unclimbed peaks than anyone in history. His 80-year career was perhaps just as well known for pioneering the freewheeling American ‘dirtbag’ lifestyle, as well as cutting edge first ascents. This film explores both feats!
Practical gift ideas:
- Climbing clothing – Climbers tend to wear their clothing till they fall apart. Receiving a new climbing hoodie or a t-shirt is always appreciated! Our shop has a variety of hoodies and t-shirts to kit you out.
- Climbing Shoes – Holes in toes? It’s time to upgrade! We have a variety of climbing shoes to offer from: Scarpa, 5.10, La Sportiva, Tenaya and Evolv.
- Boulder Pad – Get ready for proper Bouldering!
- Chalk – No matter how much chalk climbers have, they will inevitably run out. A chalk ball or loose chalk are good options!
- Brush – They tend to get lost quite easily. Personalise your brush by decorating it with a fancy pen!
- Boot Bananas – No more stinky shoes!
Well-being gift ideas:
- Finger Tape – Whether you’re a young buck or a seasoned veteran, climbing tape is essential, to protect your hands from cuts and tears.
- Theraband – Resistance bands are great for injury prevention, exercise and antagonist training.
- Climb skin – Produced by climbers for climbers. Most wanted on the list!
”Level up” gift ideas:
- Technique class – Been climbing for 2-3+ months and want to refine existing and learn new techniques, Tech class will ”Level you UP”!
- Private Coaching – Plateaued? Need help or guidance? We got you covered! Our dedicated coaches can ”level you UP”!
- Training equipment – slack-line, grip master, rock rings, grip saver – all different types of training tools to benefit your training while being Fun!
Most of the mentioned products can be found at our store or local Snow+Rock! Can’t decide what to get? Let them choose!
May the Christmas Season bring new sends and joy to you and your family. May the holiday season end the present year on a cheerful note and make way for a fresh and bright New Year. Merry Christmas to you and your family! Red Spider Team!