Red Spider continues doing everything we can to make sure your visit is as safe as possible. When visiting Red Spider:
- Please wear a mask in public areas and walkways (you do not need to wear a mask while eating or drinking in the café, and it is up to you if you would like to wear a mask on the mats, in the training area or on coached sessions)
- Wash or Sanitise their hands frequently
- Make sure to check-out when leaving
Visit our ‘Back to Climbing’ page for the latest Covid information and details on visiting Red Spider.
Book a Session
Our fun action packed castle and pirate ship can provide hours of entertainment. No need to book just show up and relax in our cafe mezzanine while your kids entertain themselves.
You can just turn up and climb as before, however there are some new rules:
- No more than one adult accompanying a group in the castle at any time (up to our max supervision ratio of 1:4)
- No spectators allowed apart from the chaperone
- One session per day for each child
- First come first serve basis with no advanced booking as before
Do you want an individual climbing experience in a one-to-one session? Or do you need some extra coaching to improve your technique to become a better climber? Book a private session now to get an hour with one of our great instructors.
- Each session can have up to 6 participants
- Book a block of 10 and get 10% off! (Please note block bookings can only be taken via e-mail or in person)
Got any questions? Our team are happy to help!
These sessions are great for those who haven’t climbed before, those who need a bit of a reminder, or those who just want a fun session to have a taste of what it’s like to climb. Our fully qualified instructors will show you and up to five other people the world of indoor bouldering!
- Each booking must have at least 1 participating adult
- All participants must be aged 4 or over
- Please note that this is an open session of 6: Additional spaces are bookable by, to attend with, other members of the public. Please see our Private Sessions if you would prefer this option.
Got any questions? Our team are happy to help!
Our termly clubs are a very popular way to get your kids climbing regularly! With two types of clubs to choose from, we have something for every child aged 4 and up.
- NIBAS (National Indoor Bouldering Award Scheme) courses begin at age 7, and participants will work their way through five levels of the scheme, learning how to eventually be an independent and competent climber.
- Fun Clubs are for kids aged 4+ and are great for confidence building and having a good fun climbing session each week.
Spring-Summer Term: Please note that the April Term (staring Monday 19th April) is underway. If you have any queries about booking please contact the team who will do our best to help you or can add you to our mailing list:
We have a great selection of Casual and Holiday Clubs for your kids to enjoy. All of these sessions require no previous climbing experience, so are a great way to experience climbing for the first time. Many people return to these climbing sessions time and time again at the weekends or in school holidays!
- Creepy Crawlies: For those aged 4-6 years, this one-hour session is a great way to introduce kids at a young age to climbing. These are small sessions with only 4 participants per instructor.
- Arachnids: For kids aged 7-12 years, this session will have up to 6 participants per instructor and is an hour and a half long. These sessions focus on trying a little bit of everything and most importantly, having fun!
- Holiday NIBAS: A fast-track through NIBAS (National Indoor Bouldering Award Scheme) courses begin at age 7, and participants will begin working their way through five levels of the scheme, learning how to eventually be an independent and competent climber.
Develop climbing technique through our coached youth social sessions. If you are regularly climbing V4 and above, come and climb with us!
Our Youth Access Test is for 14-17 year olds who have experienced bouldering, climbing or top roping and now feel ready to use Red Spider without the supervision of an Adult or Instructor
Candidates should be confident that they have the skill set to pass the test.
You do not need to pre-book if you:
- Are a regular climber at one of our Spider centres who doesn’t require supervision or an instructor; You will not need to pre-book for casual climbing at any of our centres.
- Have a U.A.T* and used to climb with friends who also have U.A.T’s; You will not need to pre-book to come climbing at any of our centres.
- Climb under the supervision of an Adult friend who is a competent climber; You will not need to pre-book for casual climbing. Just sign in with your supervisor as normal.
Visiting Red Spider
Red Spider continues to do everything we can to keep everyone safe, and to keep everyone climbing.
On Your Session:
Our instructors are kept fully up to date on the latest UK Government advice and test regularly.
For full details on our precautions and Covid-secure measures please visit our ‘Back to Climbing’ page.