Green Spider has now moved into Tier 3 from Thursday morning (31/12/2020). The good news is that we will remain open, and there are only a few changes that apply to us as a climbing centre, and they shouldn’t affect your climbing experience too much!
What has changed?
- The main change is that our café will now be takeaway only, however we want to reduce waste as much as possible, so we ask that you bring your own reusable cup to help us with this.
- Our coached sessions also have some changes; adult sessions can only be booked for a single household/support bubble. Kids classes are exempt from this rule and will go ahead as normal.
To maintain a safe climbing environment, we still need to follow these rules:
- You must only climb with people within your own household, and keep socialising with those outside of your household to a minimum whilst in the centre.
- Masks – you are required to wear a mask when not on the wall; this includes when belaying. We recognise that this will impair communication when belaying. If you cannot communicate effectively with a mask while belaying, do not roped climb.
- Respect the capacity limits for any marked areas.
As always, we have our capacity counter on the ‘Visiting Green Spider’ page, so you can see how busy we are at all times. Remember to also check out our ‘Back to Climbing’ page for more details on the new rules and what we are doing to keep you safe when climbing with us!
Stay Safe Spiders! #WeAreSpiderClimbers