White Spider will be moving into ‘Tier 2:High Level’ restrictions from Saturday Morning (17/10/2020). The good news is we will still be open and you can:
- Use the Auto-Belays
- Roped Climb with members of your Household or Support Bubble
- Have a coffee & cake seated in our café
- Use the training and stretching areas
- You should not climb at White Spider with anyone who is not from your household or support bubble.
- This does not mean our capacity has gone down to one household, but you should not mix with others when visiting, even if you know those people.
- Masks – you are now required to wear a mask when not on the wall; this includes when belaying. We recognise that this will impair communication when belaying. If you cannot communicate effectively with a mask while belaying, do not roped climb.
- Can I roped climb with someone else who happens to be at the climbing wall? For the time being no. We are still waiting for further clarification from Sport England about this and will update you.
- Our youth classes and sessions are exempt from the household mixing rule and will continue to run.
- Some adult classes will continue to run where household mixing can be effectively controlled.
- How long will this last? Tier 2 restrictions are reviewed on a bi-weekly basis, so if we all play our part this may only be for the next two weeks.
Thank you to all our climbers for sticking to these rules and helping to keep our wall’s open.
Stay Safe Spiders #WeAreSpiderClimbers