Book a Session
Turn up and climb for one of our 15 minute ‘Clip and Go’ sessions! You can just turn up on the day, however, we recommend booking to avoid disappointment.
Do you want an individual climbing experience in a one-to-one session? Or do you need some extra coaching to improve your technique to become a better climber? Book a private session now to get an hour with one of our great instructors.
- Each session can have up to 6 participants
- Book a block of 10 and get 10% off! (Please note block bookings can only be taken via e-mail or in person)
Got any questions? Our team are happy to help!
These sessions are great for those who haven’t climbed before, those who need a bit of a reminder, or those who just want a fun session to have a taste of what it’s like to climb. Our fully qualified instructors will show you and up to eight other people the ropes and get you scaling heights in no time!
- Each session can have up to 9 participants
- Book a block of 10 and get 10% off! (Booking via phone, e-mail or in person only)
Got any questions? Our team are happy to help!
Our termly clubs are a very popular way to get your kids climbing regularly! With two types of clubs to choose from, we have something for every child aged 4 and up.
- NICAS (National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme) courses begin at age 7, and participants will work their way through five levels of the scheme, learning how to eventually be an independent and competent climber
- Fun Clubs are for kids aged 4+ and are great for confidence building and having a good fun climbing session each week.
- National Indoor Bouldering Award Scheme (NIBAS) are Bouldering only courses running every week and booked on a termly basis. Courses are suitable for kids who are new to bouldering or are moving over from NICAS.
Booking for the April term is now open!
We have a great selection of Casual and Holiday Clubs for your kids to enjoy. All of these sessions require no previous climbing experience, so are a great way to experience climbing for the first time. Many people return to these climbing sessions time and time again at the weekends or in school holidays!
- Creepy Crawlies: For those aged 4-6 years, this one-hour session is a great way to introduce kids at a young age to climbing. These are small sessions with only 4 participants per instructor.
- Arachnids: For kids aged 7-12 years, this session will have up to 6 participants per instructor and is an hour and a half long. These sessions focus on trying a little bit of everything and most importantly, having fun!
- Black Widows: For teenagers aged 13-17, this session focuses on having a fun session and giving climbing a go. In an hour and a half, participants will try roped climbing, bouldering and may even have a go on the auto-belays.
- Holiday Day Camp: Climbers aged 7+ can join the Green Spider Crew for one of our fun-packed climbing adventure days! As well as climbing on a variety of walls, your children will also take part in a wide range of fun climbing and non-climbing based activities.
We also run summer one-week NICAS courses or two-hour NICAS sessions.
Interested in becoming an independent and competent climber?
Take our ‘Start Climbing’ Bouldering & Auto-Belay Inductions or book on to our ‘Learn to Climb’ Course.
Bouldering & Auto-Belay Inductions
Our ‘Start Climbing’ sessions are a quick and fun way to get into climbing. Once completed, you will have unsupervised access to our bouldering wall and Auto-Belays.* No previous experience is required but all participants must be 14 years or older.
*(14-17 year olds must gain experience and undertake a ‘Youth Access Test’ (below) before using Green Spider without the supervision of an adult or instructor)
Learn to Climb Course
A comprehensive course teaching the essential skills needed to learn to roped climb.
Learn to Lead Climb Course
Take your climbing to the next level and learn the skills needed to lead climb!
Suitable for climbers already competent at top-rope climbing.
Our Youth Access Test is for 14-17 year olds who have experienced bouldering, climbing or top roping and now feel ready to use Green Spider without the supervision of an Adult or Instructor
Candidates should be confident that they have the skill set to pass the test. There are three tests available, depending on the type of climbing you would like to do. Choose from Bouldering, Top Roping and Lead Climbing.
You do not need to pre-book if you:
- Are a regular climber at one of our Spider centres who doesn’t require supervision or an instructor; You will not need to pre-book for casual climbing at any of our centres.
- Have a U.A.T* and used to climb with friends who also have U.A.T’s; You will not need to pre-book to come climbing at any of our centres.
- Climb under the supervision of an Adult friend who is a competent climber; You will not need to pre-book for casual climbing. Just sign in with your supervisor as normal.
Visiting Green Spider
Green Spider continues to do everything we can to keep everyone safe, and to keep everyone climbing.
On Your Session:
Our instructors are kept fully up to date on the latest UK Government advice and test regularly.
For full details on our precautions and Covid-secure measures please visit our ‘Back to Climbing’ page.